love

Saturday, November 21, 2009

And I thought a girl would be easier!


I have a strong mom, strong sisters, strong aunties and a strong Nana ~ what was I thinking! Little Layla Jean has the energy (and lungs) of the lot. Don't get me wrong, I love my little angel.. .. .. although it's a much easier when she's not being a little devil.

Now, my mom would be so grateful to hear the words, "I wish I had been a nicer kid, then maybe Karma wouldn't be hitting me so hard" ~ Eh, yeah, uhm. ... we'll get back to that. As I look at my little princess, I can't help but think how lucky I am and ohhh how Ben and I have our work cut out for us!

Most parents worry about sibling rivalry with a new baby in the house. Not me. Luke has been such a wonderful big brother. When Layla Jean feels the need to express herself, he'll pipe up with, "hush sister". At's my boy! You tell her, Luke!

With Thanksgiving on the horizon, I can't help but think about all I am grateful for. Sure, things could have been different or easier, but ya know, I wouldn't change a moment of my life for the world. I have a man who loves me and sticks by me. I have two wonderful kids and an endless future. . .. .. now, tell me if that's not something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment